This is what Google has to say about search engine optimization: “Search engine optimization is often about making small modifications to parts of your website. When viewed individually, these changes might seem like incremental improvements, but when combined with other optimizations, they could have a noticeable impact on your site’s user experience and performance in organic search results.”
Components of On Page Optimization
- Making sure that target keyword phrases are contained within Title, headline and first 50 words of the post.
- META Tag Descriptions and Marketing Tags
- Page Title Tags Generation
- Geographical Target Market Tags
- H1 & H2 Tags
- Internal Linking. Making sure that internal links to that page contain your target keyword phrase in the “anchor text”
Offpage Search Engine Optimization
- The offpage optimization means building incoming links directly to your website. Make sure that your links have your keywords as anchor text (especially keywords your client wants to rank for). You will be building these links by writing custom articles and posting them at sites such as Ezinearticles.com, ArticleBase.com and many others. You can also use video files to amplify your promotion.
- Local search optimization: Registration with the search engines
Resources for Learning
I’m not going to give you a course on keyword research and SEO, as this would require an entire book to explain everything.
You can find plenty of free and paid resources that will help you learn, refresh and organize your knowledge.
The following are just a few suggestions.
A good basic SEO guide is provided by Google itself. Download Google’s Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide.
The Keyword Academy: http://thekeywordacademy.com
Traffic Travis: http://www.traffictravis.com. Register for free 5 day SEO Secrets course.
SEO Book: www.seobook.com
Search Engine Roundtable: http://www.seroundtable.com/